Sunday, February 24, 2013

Nicole Learns more about The Continuum's Research


[07:36] NicoleA Stine looks up from her book as Kristy pulls up on her motorbike. She closes her book and lays it in her lap. She rests her hands on the book and uncrosses then crosses her legs with a tug on her skirt. She tilts her head to one side and her sight scans Kristy.. She speaks quietly as if still in the library "Hello..."

[07:36] Kristy Kurmin turns and waves to Nicole, "Hello"

[07:37] NicoleA Stine watches as Kristy speeds off and shrugs a shoulder. Just about to open her book she watches as Kristy pulls up again . She offers her a polite nod of head

[07:41] Kristy Kurmin smiles at her, "You have a good book there?"

[07:44] NicoleA Stine smiles "yes, it is" she lifts the book and looks at the cover for a moment "It is Inferno by Strindberg..." she pauses "Have you read it?"

[07:45] Kristy Kurmin shakes her head, "I only read books about cybernetics and genetics. What is it about?"

[07:47] Kristy Kurmin sees Mag outside the bar and waves to her

[07:48] NicoleA Stine nods her head "Well it is the auto biography of Strindberg and its all about obsessions, including alchemy, occultism, and Swedenborgianism, and shows signs of paranoia and neuroticism." she shrugs a shoulder some "I guess you can say he writes all about his living hell as he spirals downward"

[07:48] Kristy Kurmin giggles and waves to Slan

[07:49] Kristy Kurmin looks back Nicole and nods to her, "I see. Never heard of this Strindberg, sounds interesting." She smiles, "Have you ever read Dawkins?"

[07:51] NicoleA Stine raises a brow "Dawkins, do you mean Richard Dawkins the ethologist, evolutionary biologist?"

[07:52] Kristy Kurmin smiles and nods to her, "Yes you know him?"

[07:55] NicoleA Stine nods her head "Just a little bit. I've never read any of his writings."


[07:55] Kristy Kurmin grins and leans back on her bike and rubs her back, "He is a genius, amazing writer and great scientist, he is great at explaining genetics in a way that anyone can understand."

[07:57] NicoleA Stine brings her hand up to her chin and she taps her index finger on her lips. She drops her hand back down to her lap "So tell me about him. Genes and DNA is his field of ...." she waves a hand in the air "Experimentation?"

[07:58] Kristy Kurmin shakes her head, "He doesn't really experiment, just explains genetics and evolution over millions of years and theorizes about it."

[07:59] NicoleA Stine nods her head slowly "I see." she offers a pleasant smile "Is this your field of interest... genes, DNA and sorts?"

[08:00] Kristy Kurmin nods to her, "I work in the factory on genetics for the city, I also build cybernetics occasionally."

[08:02] NicoleA Stine nods her head slowly "That seems interesting... and your genes and DNA samples that you 'work on', where do you get these from" she asked with a puzzled look on her face "Surely you dont need to kill them to 'work on' on them .... do you?"

[08:02] Kristy Kurmin giggles and shakes her head, "Of course not. We take yearly samples of random species in the city to ensure compatibility with nanites and implants."

[08:03] Kristy Kurmin reaches into her belt and pulls out a cotton swab handing it to her, "Just a simple mouth swabbing does the job."

[08:05] NicoleA Stine nods "Fascinating... I think I will have to read up on these matters"" he forces a laugh "After all I do work in the library" she leans in close and holds her book near her chest. With her library voice she ask "I would so interested to see you at work... and learn more about this. Perhaps one day you could show me?"

[08:06] Kristy Kurmin nods to her and smiles, "It's pretty boring, but sure if you want."

[08:09] NicoleA Stine smiles "Oh that would be lovely" she scans the area then brings her gaze back to Kristy "If there is anyting you need from the library, for your research please feel fre to come to me." she smiles "I'm sure we could be quit good friends." she pauses and tilts her head to one side "Do you like tea? We serve tea in the library" she offers a polite smile

[08:10] Kristy Kurmin nods to her, "I do yes, I will have to stop by sometime."

[08:11] NicoleA Stine leans back in her seat "Well that would be just grand." she smiles "I do enjoy learning new things ever so much"

[08:15] Kristy Kurmin smiles and nods to her, "Sounds good. I do too but I have to keep focused on what's important."

[08:15] NicoleA Stine tilts her head and leans in again. Using her library voice she asks "And what is important?"

[08:16] Kristy Kurmin looks around and scratches her head, "Keeping this city going. Reproduction of the species, monitoring random mutations."

[08:18] NicoleA Stine nods her head slowly "Ahh I see..." pauses and then speaks in a soft voice almost a whisper "Fasinating...." she looks in awe at Kristy for a moment. She leans back in the chair "Oh yes I think that is quit important" she nods her head slowly

[08:20] Kristy Kurmin shrugs at her and giggles, "Unfortunately I am too busy to do any reproducing myself."

[08:22] NicoleA Stine smiles a bit then shrugs a shoulder "I can not reproduce... my womb is.... well it is dormant at the present time"

[08:22] Kristy Kurmin nods to her, "I'm sorry."

[08:23] NicoleA Stine waves her hand "No need to be sorry. I have many Chyldren" she smiles devilishly

[08:26] Kristy Kurmin giggles, "That is good. Well I am off, have a good day."

[08:26] Kristy Kurmin waves to her and takes off on my bike

[08:26] NicoleA Stine smiles and nods her head with a wave "I rather enjoyed our talk, I hope to see you soon... bubye"

[08:27] NicoleA Stine returns to her book as she crosses her legs and gives her skirt a tug and wiggles a bit in her chair

No comments: