Sunday, April 6, 2014

Mordeth Morgwain Warns Nicole of A Potential Power Struggle in The Institute

[2014/04/05 14:06]  NicoleA Stine walks into the Haven and she scans the room. Her sight stops at Russ and she offers a nod then goes to Mord and she narrows her gaze studying him she folds her arms over her stomach

[2014/04/05 14:07]  Mon Capitan (mordeth.morgwain) shook his head a moment and pursed his lips as he regarded the woman. His gaze flicked towards the bottles. "Ones choice of wit must be proportionate to the flow of banter. Not run opposite to it. That would, then, make it sarcasm." He chuckled. "But given that I was the one going on at myself..." He shook his head slightly as his gaze flicked towards the library. "It would be enough to..." He paused a moment as his lips twitched and he turned to face Nicole with a bow of his head. "If I did not know better, my dear, I would say that look of intense displeasure has words behind it it that are just waiting to be loosed." He would gesture to her. "Would this be something that all should hear, or just my own ears which would recieve the pleasure of a blistering?" He chuckled.

[2014/04/05 14:10]  NicoleA Stine starts to slowly shake her head "I have no words for you. I heard you were back in town. I just didn't believe it."

[2014/04/05 14:11]  Pix Cazalet's head turns to look at the one in the chair to the side of her and winks "likewise"

[2014/04/05 14:12]  Andrussa (russ.uxlay) smiles as she notices Nicole, holding up a hand in greeting, and only smiles wider as she sees the face she wears towards Mordeth. "I believe th-the man doth talk to much." Her eyes shift to the hooded woman, clearly not expecting a return and switch of her little magic trick, but only seems cheered for it, "G-good catch, th-there." She takes another gulp from her whiskey bottle, cringing slightly at the bitterness.

[2014/04/05 14:13]  Mon Capitan (mordeth.morgwain) smirked slightly. "This place never relinquishes it's hold on anything, or anyone." He paused a moment as he straightened and adjusted his stance a moment as he approached. "Has your status changed in my absence? Or am I going to continue to have to keep watch for the obsessively absentee library staff as seems to be a recurrent theme these days, save for the rare occasion I happen across Letta." He chuckled quietly.

[2014/04/05 14:14]  Martko Swords takes out a 20 sided dice and rolls it on the table ..' 19... nice... ' he just keeps rolling in over and over and over again

[2014/04/05 14:16]  NicoleA Stine looks over to Russ and smiles as she notices her wave. She turns to Mord as he steps closer. "My status? My status is the same I am still the research librarian chained to a desk." she tilts her head to one side "Is there something you need from this simple librarian.. a book or magazine perhaps?"

[2014/04/05 14:17]  NicoleA Stine: **reference librarian ... sorry

[2014/04/05 14:17]  Pix Cazalet lifts the bottle in her hand towards her lips and eases it to sip.  She pulls the bottle down in disgust and tilts her head as she regards the label closer.  She frowns and lifts the bottle up before her "barkeep?"

[2014/04/05 14:20]  Mon Capitan (mordeth.morgwain) chuckled quietly as he bowed his head. "Perhaps just a simple conversation, if you've the time. I know I'm not disposed to pry too deeply so I will altar my questioning to suit, but perhaps still it would be one best handled elsewhere. Giving enough respect to the affairs of the library as I am wont to do. Even if some of the practices seem to have become quite flagrant." He chuckled quietly as he offered his elbow. "I hope it's quite alright, I've taken my hidden cache of tea from the building and relocated it elsewhere."

[2014/04/05 14:21]  Andrussa (russ.uxlay) raises her brow slightly at Nicole's response to the man's question of her position, clearly not sure what to think of that, before looking down at the rolling dice, as if it might be the most interesting thing she's seen all day... until the call for a barkeep snaps her out of her thoughts and to the hooded woman, "Where? Me? Wh-what?"

[2014/04/05 14:22]  NicoleA Stine opens her arms "Sure we can talk anywhere you like... perhaps best in the library" she nods to him "As the tea, I don't carre much for tea." she shrugs a shoulder "You understand" she turns and heads for the door "Shall we go to the library?"

[2014/04/05 14:23]  Pix Cazalet nods as she gets the barkeeps attention and raises up the bottle "this one"  she nods with conviction "is watered down. May I have the correct strength in its place?  Now clearly i'm not prepared to wait for you to distill it so kindly find me another"  She slams the bottle on the table "unless you'd prefer to follow those for the Earl Grey"

[2014/04/05 14:23]  Mon Capitan (mordeth.morgwain) chuckled. "Nor do I any longer, but it was an expensive investment I might find use for." He smirked slightly but nodded. "That sounds like a wonderful idea to me." He chuckled as he paused at the door for her. "After you?"

[2014/04/05 14:26]  NicoleA Stine walks into the library and takes a seat on the couch. She adjusts her skirt and extends an open hand to the couch next to her "Please make yourself comfortable" she lays her hands neartly in her lap "So what is it you wish to discuss with me? hmm?"

[2014/04/05 14:29]  Mon Capitan (mordeth.morgwain) shook his head and settled into the chair as he adjusted his book beside himself. Settling back and making himself comfortable he shook his head slightly. "Honestly, I understand my position is tennable at best, but I would like to garner a bit of understanding as to the things that have been floating about. Some matters, I believe, have been settled. But I would hope that I could inquire with you honestly about some of the others. Namely the state of unrest which I am to understand has settled in these walls." He tilted his head slightly as concern marked his features.

[2014/04/05 14:32]  NicoleA Stine nods her head and she plays with her skirt a bit "I see. Well it seems I can't tell you much" she looks up at him "Not because I don't want to but because I am no longer in a position to know. I have lost all responsibilities." she smiles at him "As I said in the Haven, a simple reference librarian "

[2014/04/05 14:42]  Mon Capitan (mordeth.morgwain) nodded as he canted his head to the side to regard her and chuckled. "I understand the necessity of keeping the affairs of the library private. Unfortunately it may seem that they are far from if word has filtered down to us in the dregs of the street." He nodded to her and smiled. "I understand that I am also working from a questionable position when asking about these affairs but I am at least concerned about their validity or not. Even as a simple reference librarian some tremors can be felt." He paused for a moment as he shifted back in the chair and let his arm drape casually along the wooden frame. "You'll forgive my tenacity, I hope. I've been toying with the idea of returning but with many factors playing into my decision I want to make my choice as informed as possible before I step into some sort of turd pile." He chuckled quietly.

[2014/04/05 14:49]  NicoleA Stine tilts her head to one side as she listens. She crosses her ankles and keeps her hands neatly folded in her lap "Tremors, rumors, I've heard them but in all honesty I trust Denny to do the right thing. He knows I support the library... with my swords if necessary. But yes there is new management here and a new mission statement has been discussed." she pauses and studies him "So what other factions have you been considering?" she lets out a bit of a laugh "I assure you none would be best suited for you than the library." she smiles

[2014/04/05 14:56]  Mon Capitan (mordeth.morgwain) chuckled quietly as he settled back. "At the moment. None. Certainly there are few that would be as in line with my existence as what the library has been." He shook his head slightly as he brought his fist up to rest against his temple as he nodded to her. "We have booth seen a tremendous amount of tumult through the years in this place, rising and falling and few have remained through it all because it is little about who heads the library but the library and the mission itself. That has not ever changed." He paused as his eyes floated past her for a moment and shook his head. "Even Jane understood that it matters not who leads because they will just become a name on a page eventually. What matters is the institution itself. It encompasses all." He brought his gaze back. "If there is a power struggle in progress I'd prefer to know who maintains the proper ideals. Denny is the old hand on deck, certainly. And would even be the type to instigate a rumor of unrest just to see how far it would travel. Or  to see just who and what it might bring out of the woodwork for his own, and the libraries own, benefit. However if the claims are legitimate then two things are a concern to me. One that the affairs be kept silent in house, lest they spread and foul winds do beset the library. And two, that the parties involved do have the true best interest of the library in their actions. Not just their personal ideals."

[2014/04/05 15:00]  NicoleA Stine leans in a bit closer "I will be honest with you. When the dust settles i will take a look around and if I am not happy I will leave." she leans back and adjusts herself in her seat. She offers him a shrug of her shoulder "But until then i will continue my duties as a reference librarian"

[2014/04/05 15:03]  Mon Capitan (mordeth.morgwain) bowed his head as he leaned forward. "I can only be equally so with you. If there is, then the eldest must stand for the house. Not the people. I've personally had to take that stand before and I've been marked insubordinate for it. It's not new to me. But the intentions are legitimate. One mustn't let the only decent house left in this city fall to ruin." He pursed his lips in thought as he looked down to the carpet. "First the signs of Omegans on the move, now this...." He shook his head quietly.

[2014/04/05 15:09]  NicoleA Stine smiles and laughs "Did Russ send you to talk to me?" she lifts a hand "Never mind.... Russ has said the same to me. Like I've said before I trust Denny." she tilts her head and raises a brow "There are Omegans back in the city?"

[2014/04/05 15:12]  Mon Capitan (mordeth.morgwain) shook his head slightly. "No, I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Russ. I've only become reacquainted with a small number of the staff." He chuckled as he lifted his gaze to hers and furrowed his brows slightly. "Most seem wholly surprised I know what I do. I am an unknown entity it seems. Save to yourself and the Magpie, and perhaps Letta." He chuckled as he rolled his shoulders. "There have been some signs and tie ins to recent activities. The name has been linked, but I doubt highly it's Omega herself. It could simply be some disenfranchised individuals hoping to re-strike a dead match." He shook his head slightly.

[2014/04/05 15:16]  NicoleA Stine nods her head "Yes many new faces in the library." she tilts her head "So are you trying to say there are rumors of a coup, to overthrow Denny ?"

[2014/04/05 15:19]  Mon Capitan (mordeth.morgwain) shook his head slightly as he chuckled. "I am saying that I have heard that there is a growing power struggle. A crack in the House of Usher. So to speak." He gestured casually. "I would wish to know the mechanics of this struggle because even as an unaffiliated individual it is still in my interest to know that this place does not fall to ruin. I admit it is part nostalgia, and part sense of former duty. Like an ex-police officer who still heeds those tendancies to enforce the law." He shook his head.

[2014/04/05 15:21]  NicoleA Stine nods her head "I appreciate your concerns. I will try and find out as much as I can" she nods her head "And perhaps if you find out anything specific you will let me know."

[2014/04/05 15:22]  Mon Capitan (mordeth.morgwain) nodded. "I hope that I will hear from you before I would have to rely on tainted goods from elsewhere." He chuckled quietly. "It is duty, after all." He shook his head as he stood. "But I will keep you apprised of any developments that I come across as well."

[2014/04/05 15:24]  NicoleA Stine stands "Thanks you Mord. i appreciate your concern. I will be in contact with you and please be careful out there." she smiles

[2014/04/05 15:25]  Mon Capitan (mordeth.morgwain) chuckled quietly. "I will do my best." He bowed his head as he moved towards the door. "Good evening, and stay well."

No comments: